Friday, August 24, 2012

Massacre!

We had some fence failures last night that I was unable to fix, and I knew that I would wake up to some drama this morning. And sure enough, I was right.
 
Two young roosters and a hen... cut down in the prime of life by none-other, than this:
 
Please don't let her sweet face and wagging tail mislead you. Meadow is one cold-blooded chicken killer who literally goes INSANE when there are chickens nearby. She is the most hyper dog I've ever known, and I don't think she can ever be cured of her bloodlust. She was so proud of the third and final chicken she killed this morning. She brought it to me as if to say,
"Look mom! I made breakfast!"

And yet the chickens will undoubtedly continue to fly over the chainlink fence to venture onto the killing grounds, also known as our backyard. Meadow is only tied up temporarily. Once the fences are fixed, I will be letting her go again... and then it's every chicken for his or herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!