Friday, May 18, 2012

How Does My Garden Grow...

It seems like the garden got off to a slow start, even considering that I started almost all of my seeds indoors, and we were able to plant so much earlier this year than normal, due to the mild winter.

For the most part, everything's doing pretty well. Some of my old seeds didn't have a very good germination rate, so I had to buy a few packs of new seeds to re-sow in places.

The corn looks funny, with all different size stalks, due to the old seed's low germination rate. Tomatoes are doing well, all being grown from 4 year old seeds.

Jon's garden looks good! The only things that never did sprout were the green beans.

Cucumbers are growing well and are waiting for me to build them a trellis to grow up.

I made sure to do successive sowings of radishes this year.
We ALL love radishes and almost never have enough to go around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!