Saturday, March 31, 2018

Whitewashing the Kitchen Ceiling

We tried our hand at whitewashing the kitchen ceiling and I think it turned out pretty nice.


As you recall, the tongue and groove ceiling had been cut up in places during the firefight, so we had removed the ceiling layer, leaving behind the beautiful rough cut joists and the underside of the upper room's flooring.


We used a paint sprayer for most of it, but I wasn't too thrilled with the spattering pattern it kept spraying. I think a brush would have been better, and I did a lot of touching up with a brush.




I think it's quite lovely how it turned out. Still showcases the character of the room but with a more "finished" look.



1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful.can you shre product tips?

    ReplyDelete

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!