Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spring is Busting at the Seams

Hindsight being what it is, I now see that I could have easily put my garden in over a month ago. We've had such an amazing spring so far, and had a very mild winter. Yes, I definitely should have planted things weeks ago. But alas, caution kept me sticking to the "last freeze date", which we passed a few days ago.

Thankfully, I did start some things in the greenhouse, so at least I have a few
things to transplant into the garden.
I have 56 tomato plants ready to transplant into the garden!

A view of the outside of the greenhouse. Our chicken pen is in the foreground of the picture. The blue tarp you see is part of the rabbit operation, housing three bucks.  

Some delicious Black Seeded Simpson leaf lettuce.

I started a few cucumbers in the greenhouse, but will direct sow a lot more in the garden.

A Killdeer nest in the middle of our garden. I guess we won't be using that section for awhile! :)

We fenced off the garden area so that the horses can go back into the rest of the pasture.

This is the 8 year old's section of the garden. He's a good little gardener!

Here he is with the oldest boy, planting his seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!