Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Grand Parlor Reveal

The Parlor is now finished and we are so pleased with how it turned out! To see all of our work from the very beginning, please click HERE to see past parlor posts.
 
Without further ado, here is THE PARLOR, beginning where we left off.
 
First of all, Handy Husband built my bookcases along one wall, just exactly as I'd always dreamed of having for all my books. They turned out so nicely!
 
 

Revealing part of the old chimney was an added bonus for me. I think it's become a beautiful focal point of the room and Handy Husband did a great job of trimming it.

The crown molding was pretty tricky at first, but after watching an instructional youtube video, I think we did a good job on it.
 
Here are the final pictures:

 
 
 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!