Monday, August 13, 2012

Feeling lonely...


Today marks the 5th solid day that the kids have been gone to their dad's. They are spending an entire month there with him before we start school. I did okay the first couple of days, but combine this with the fact that Handy Husband has been working some extra hours, and I have to admit I'm really starting to feel alone.

I keep thinking, "I need to go check on the boys" or, "The kids should be waking up pretty soon" and I'm constantly having to remind myself that they're not here. I've been a mom for over 13 years, with most of that time being spent at home, with the kids. This "empty nest" is all very strange to me, and I'm counting down the days untill they come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!