Monday, August 27, 2012

A Roof Over Our Heads

We knew when we bought this place that the roof was in deplorable questionable condition. And now that we've been here just over a year, we've come to realize the full extent of just how bad the roof is.

But change is on it's way. We're getting a new roof! All new shingles, new decking where needed (the entire original roof has no decking... just old shake shingles nailed into tiny slats of wood), and roof/attic venting throughout.
 
This is a very exciting time in our lives!
Take a look at the "before" pictures, and in a week or two I hope to post some "afters."


 


When it rains, we can literally see more shingles flying off the roof, either in chunks or full pieces. And let's not even get me started on having to use all my pots and pans to collect the leaking water! I cannot wait until I no longer have to worry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!