Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Equine Arrival!

Yesterday was one of the most physically exhausting days I've had in a while. I went to a friend's farm in the morning to watch her do her horse chores, so that I'd be able to do them for her when she's out of town. It was fun visiting with her and seeing all her beautiful horses, but all the walking and feeding about wore me out.

Then, in the afternoon, my parents and sister came out to our house, with a special delivery for me...


Zander and Zorro!

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of releasing them out into the pasture, where they enjoyed eating belly-high grass. I say unfortunately because, as it turned out, we spent 4 hours trying to catch them again to lock them up in their pen. Being overweight that they are, over-eating can be very dangerous for them, so they HAD to be brought in.


Thanks to the help of my sister's ingenious plan, and my Handy Husband's quick sprinting-through-tall-grass ability, and to my daughters' helping hands, we finally got them "herded" into an enclosed area where they quite willingly allowed us to halter them and lead them to their pen. They were exhausted and sweaty from all the excitement. And so were we!

We all felt a huge sigh of relief when they were locked away safe and sound in their pen, where they were lavished with treats and pettings. It made all the stress and frustration worthwhile.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!