Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Old and the New

It seems as though every trip outside or to one of the barns results in the finding of interesting old "treasures." Whether it be an old door hinge, window frame, or someone's name written into a concrete slab, there are constant reminders all around us that we are the "new people."

There were others who came before us who knew this place inside and out like the back of their hand.


One reminder of that is this old clothes-line. I have no idea how old it is, or when it was last used. But the evidence of age is found in the old oak tree the wire is embedded into. This is a massive tree and I can only guess as to how old it must be.  


As I go through my day to day here on the farm, I always try to keep the previous owners in mind. They all had hopes and dreams for this place, as we do, and I admire them for what they did on this land. I have the utmost respect for all people, past, present and future, who work the land and care for animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!