Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things I Love

What I love about our house, and ALL old houses is what makes them so unique. It's the little things that canNOT be replicated in modern times. And perhaps what makes these things so enchanting to me is just the simple fact that they were a part of someone else's life... another family... another time. Imagining what that family may have been like- how they lived, what they did in their day-to-day lives. It's all so fascinating to me.  

For starters, the door-knob and lock on one of the bedroom doors upstairs:

The design and "look" alone is simply beautiful.
And then I wonder about the paint scheme... and how they must have really LOVED blue to have painted the entire room- walls, floor, ceiling- all a solid blue.
These are the things that I love. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Please leave a comment!